Butyl Seal tape is a self-bonding pliable tacky and flexible adhesive sealing tape that adheres to a multitude of surfaces. Lap Seal and Lapseal
Butyl tape is made primarily of macromolecular Polynomial polymers. The design guarantees that it is air impermeable, waterproof and insulating. Butyl tapes offer an instant water-tight bond for optimum sealing. It also offers conformability to irregular surfaces and secures protection when used as a sealant against moisture and dust.
· Ability to withstand high-voltage.
· Insulation properties.
· Anti-corrosion properties under all-weather and salt-water conditions.
· Butyl rubber operates well between -40 o c and 160o c.
· Was tested for over 9000 hours in a U.V Cabinet without degradation.
· The Butyl rubber does not harden and in many applications is re-usable.
Butyl Seal (Pty) Ltd will extrude most size tapes up to 60mm width, or 4mm height.
· 8mmX3mmX15m Lap Seal
· 8mm DiameterX6m
Butyl Seal is extensively used in the Automotive, roofing, industrial, construction and air-conditioning industries. Butyl tape not only has long lasting waterproofing properties, but has excellent anti-vibration properties as well.
Butyl sealant is non-hazardous and may be used on most pipes and flanges. It is non-toxic and may be used in the food industry.